The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This policy also outlines the use and handling of personal information.
1. The Website
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
2. Who run Bristol Area Kidney Patients Association and who might therefore see your information
BAKPA is run by volunteer committee members who are either transplant patients themselves or family members of transplant patients.
As a not for profit organisation, we are exempt from registration with the ICO. We do adhere to the principles of the GDPR.
3. Use and storage of your personal information and data
- Your data is kept safe and secure on the computers of the Membership Secretary and the Treasurer and not on this website.
- When signing up as a member, your details will be sent to the Membership Secretary and the Treasurer.
- If we need to share your details with any of the other committee members, we will always let you know.
- We might need to share some of your details with the hospital to co-ordinate your stay at Hales House
- As membership payments are made PayPal, your PayPal details will appear in our PayPal account.
4. View, change or request deletion of your personal information
If you would like any of your information updated or deleted, please contact the Membership Secretary (Steve Nicholls). We need to keep financial related information for 7 years, for accounting purposes.
5. Reporting a data breach
6. External Links
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, please adopt a policy of caution before clicking one. A website that we linked to could have become infected since we linked to them. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to this website.
7. Helpful data protection information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations ICO Guide
Date: January 2022
Edited and customised by: The Secretary