We supplement the work of the Renal Unit and its’ satellite units throughout the South West.
BAKPA works to improve the treatment, welfare and comfort of kidney patients and their carers and families.
We have approximately 350 members including kidney patients, carers and living donors from the South West of England.
50th Anniversary Party
Join us for a buffet, dancing,
seeing old and making new friends
Need a holiday?
Escape to Torquay with reduced rates accommodation! The ideal base for touring round the English Riviera.
For patients, carers or family members, who live outside the Bristol area, for hospital treatment related times. We’re pleased to be able to offer this free of charge.
– If you are a peritoneal dialysis patient you may be interested to read about the QuickCheck device. Read more here.
– We’re currently looking for a vice-chairman. Please read more about joining the team.
BAKPA has a strong association with the medical staff in the Southmead Renal Unit.
We support their efforts through:
- General fundraising
- Contribution to and involvement in research
- Provision of equipment over and above standard NHS requirements
- Input into improvement of patient services
- Funding additional staff positions to improve patient welfare
- Running social events including tombolas and coffee mornings
- Subsidising or sponsoring a team of local athletes for the National and International Transplant Games
Satellite Units Equipment
The BAKPA Committee are keen to hear from renal patients who are receiving treatment at the Renal Unit in Southmead Hospital or any satellite units.
Get in touch with our Secretary, Sharon Nicholls on email@example.com, and let her know about an item or project which BAKPA might be able to provide or help with.
We’re currently looking for a vice-chairman. Please read more about this positions and get in touch to join the team.
New committee members always welcome
Why not join the committee and be involved with this wonderful charity? New members always welcome to join our friendly group. Please email us if you are interested.